I'm amazed at how the older I get I catch what I should have caught long ago...I get frustrated that I just now caught it...but I guess it's better to catch it later than not at all.
For the past few weeks we have been moving, and on a business trip which is always very intense since we buy for the whole year...it's absolutely exhausting. We also have teenagers and drama and that can be exhausting as well.
Today things are a bit more settled and I'm even in the midst if making jam and planting flowers today:)
So my big moment came while in the midst of moving...realizing that the exhausting work of moving all that unnecessary STUFF!! Why do I have it??? I consider myself to be a very clean person and somewhat organized and tidy...but move and see what amount of stuff you have and it's so overwhelming! I probably could have decorated three large homes with all the stuff I had/ have and my house wasn't small ( 2400 sq feet) so before we moved I had two garage sales and after the move I probably will have two more. Right now we are in a teeny tiny house until we find our new home and I have a garage full and a storage unit and I'm going through box after box of things I don't need. Such as, do I really need 36 boxes of Christmas decorations? Do I really have to buy souvenirs everywhere we go? Does my daughter need a small toy every other week from doing her chore chart?
Here are the changes I'm implementing now:
1. If it can't be consumed it doesn't come in the house right now.
2. If it can't be cleaned or made to make the house smell good it can't come in.
3. Ellie gets money for allowance and we are saving up for a big trip to American girl this summer ( we have already saved a lot of birthday mo ey). This way we are saving up for something we really want and not getting constant crud!
4. Instead of buying things for the house and things for my children I will spend my "fun money" (Dave Ramsey plan) on pedicures, nails, facials, races I want to enter. Completely new concept for me!
5. I do love to shop but now I will do that with coupons and food and personal products:)
I now have time to read with my Ellie, make soap, go to the pool, the park, take a walk, make jam, plant flowers.
I am no longer consumed with the upkeep of "stuff" and then selling the "stuff" cleaning around the "stuff" and then being controlled by all the "stuff".
Since right now I live farther from town I have to really need something to go I to town which has really helped with shopping. I'm greatly looking forward to moving into my new home and being surrounded only by my absolute favorite things instead of a ton of things I sorta like :( have a blessed day and may you enjoy a less "stuffy" life....
We be making jam:))))