About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The house that shrank

Many have asked me what it's like living in a two bedroom house with about 900 square foot home after living in a 2560 square foot home....well....it's kinda like a funny nightmare in a way. First let me tell you the perks:

1. Rent is free
2. Utilities are much cheaper
3. Park within walking distance that we visit everyday.
4. Basketball goals which Trey can play on as well.
5. I watch baseball live pretty much every single night.
6. I am back in my running routine.
7. Cleaning is easy....we simply don't really do it:)

Now, this is how I have kept my sanity...I like to find the humor in the following:

1. Shower has a mind of its own...it will sometimes let you adjust it and sometimes not...it has a several level head and is stuck now on the one with three different streams of water that squirt you at different times from different places....keeps you on your toes!
2. Dishwasher can only be ran with one light on in kitchen or it will blow a breaker.
3. The fridge has a drawer that sticks out weird and you have to know EXACTLY how to put it back or the door won't close....this is funny because all three children proclaim that they hate the fridge at least 20 times a day;)
4. The stove has one rack but I'm happy because it cooks well and that's good enough for me.
5. There is only one bath that everyone likes to use because the other one makes you pretty much fold yourself in a corner after hitting your shoulder on the light and then your just happy you made it and are traumatized with the thought of getting back up! 
6. We have given up picking up because there are no places for everything....our children have forgotten how...I worry that it will take awhile before they learn again.
7. For whatever reason I've lost salt, vanilla, taco seasoning and red pepper spices....have no idea why those were packed separately at all!!!!

Today I drove by my new house....pretended to myself that I was pulling into the driveway to put my groceries into my gorgeous kitchen....but alas....11 more days....:)

So, I'm pretty sure that since I've had to forward my mail twice that the post office will be forever confused....I dream of walk in closets and paint colors....followed by huge amounts of "stuff" that I keep screaming " take it all away!"  To say I shall be so glad when this is over is an understatement!

Thankful for all the vbs activities for Ellie and youth things for Trey.

Hoping for all to go well and for this to be a funny distant memory:)

No comments:

Post a Comment