About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Apples and Jelly and Pumpkin Patches

I have been so busy with this house! Painting and purging! This past weekend I had a garage sale and now it sits at the curb waiting to be picked up by a local charity.  It seems that everyone I know is purging or moving??? CRAZY!

I will be taking pics today of the completed rooms in our house...the rest will have to wait until this winter when I have more time to paint and purge even more!  We are settling in well...but life is crazy busy! So busy in fact that today I have taken a break from all activities to catch up on projects and allow us to breathe a little! 

Here are some pics that we took at the orchard and the Pumpkin Patch!  I also learned that I have been so wasteful! I learned that I should take my apple peels and cores to make apple jelly! Did you know that????

All I needed to do was take the apple peels and cores and place in large pot, cover the apples with water and put on low allowing them to cook down.  Then I just took my immersion blender and blended it up, put in a strainer and then followed the directions on my sure jell box.  I ended up with four jars of apple jelly goodness from practically NOTHING!























No comments:

Post a Comment