About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Facebook

My son just turned 14 and wanted a Facebook. I told him no....I wish someone would have told I me no. Lately I get on just to check deals that are going on and rarely post anything unless it's a picture from Instagram.  I would love to shut down the account but that's how I plan things for the college kids and parties, and advertise for my soap business, and my real business.

I used to post things when I was angry, or felt self righteous, I would post my childrens accomplishments and probably still do.  Then I just kind of got tired of it all and started sharing articles that meant a lot to me...then people started sharing their opinions of how they felt about those articles...and they were not always positive...and then I just got annoyed and stayed annoyed.  Then people would unfriend me and I would unfriend them...or they would post pics of their kids birthday party that they didn't invite my kid too...or boast about how giving and wonderful their child was...and I realized....Facebook has just become another seventh grade battlefield...where some of us never grow up...and mean girls rule.

I must confess sometimes I act like a mean girl...and that's why unless it's humorous I rarely post anymore...usually my posts are something like this:  we finally got the driveway clear of any snow and then to mock us it snowed again:).

It also creates this false sense of knowing someone.  I may post pictures of my glorious gorgeous house which makes you all feel that I'm super wonderful....but really I'm not...I may be lonely, sad, depressed but boy can I fake it by posting pics of just the positive....and that's what Facebook does...creates a false sense of knowing one another.

Facebook has its good points to. I get to see what is happening in my relatives lives that live far away,  my friends that are far away and keeps me up to date on happenings at church etc....but  honestly...what would happen if I hit the delete button? Wouldn't people be able to email me, text me,
 Instagram me, twitter me....aren't I already so connected anyway? What makes me feel that I just can't hit it???

I sometimes feel that I'm spying on people and what a waste of time it is...why do we feel this urgency for it??? I'm still waiting for the answer...still trying to get the courage to hit delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment